[Web4lib] Script to protect email address from spam

Tim Spindle tspindle at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:59:21 EDT 2008

On the webpage, you could enter the email in a way that a spambot might have
trouble reading such as kathryn.silberger AT marist DOT edu.  Anyone could
surely understand this address.  Also, if you setup a new Gmail address
(which I'd encourage because their spam filter is great), you can set it to
automatically forward emails from that address to any other email address.

My advice to avoid spam is to get offline.  Just kidding.  My real advice
would be to treat your email address like you do your credit card numbers,
your bank account numbers, your SSN, etc.  I have some "throw away" emails
setup for websites that demand registration and to whom I don't want to give
personal information, e.g. news sites.
Hope this helps,
tim