[Web4lib] Script to protect email address from spam?

Nancy E. Sosna Bohm nancy at thesmudge.com
Thu May 22 12:30:46 EDT 2008

This script has worked well for me:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/emailscrambler.htm

Nancy E. Sosna Bohm
Associate Reference Librarian
Donnelley and Lee Library
Lake Forest College
(847) 735-5057
sosna at lakeforest.edu

From: Kathryn Silberger <Kathryn.Silberger at marist.edu>
Subject: [Web4lib] Script to protect email address from spam?

I have just put up a personal website (my great-grandfather's civil war
letters) and I think I ought to provide an email contact.  One possibility
is to create a new gmail account just for that site.  That is a hassle
since it would be another email account to check.  Someone gave me a
javascript routine to hide my email from spam, but it messed up the menus.
Does anyone have a simple script to hide an email address from spam?  Or
any suggestions about avoiding spam?