[Web4lib] FW: Drupal for library staff intranet?

VanderHart, Robert Robert.VanderHart at umassmed.edu
Tue May 20 13:30:06 EDT 2008

Much of my concern is that I've already developed several
ColdFusion-based tools and applications for our current staff intranet.
What we're investigating for our intranet redesign/reorganization are
other tools to handle our photo collection and also provide a
collaborative environment to produce documentation.  Is there some sort
of intranet security solution that would allow a PHP-based application
like Drupal to live along side of the CF-based applications that I've
already developed?

Or, if we went with Drupal, would I have to [shudder] look to retool the
existing apps into PHP, so that intranet security could be all
PHP-based?  Right now I'm using the Application.cfm file as well as a
login form to provide a secure environment for our intranet.

Thanks for all the comments so far!

Robert Vander Hart
Electronic Resources Librarian
Lamar Soutter Library