[Web4lib] FW: Drupal for library staff intranet?

Steve Clason stevec at topdogstrategy.com
Mon May 19 11:47:03 EDT 2008

VanderHart, Robert wrote:

> 3) Are there other software solutions you might suggest?  I know about
> FarCry, an open-source CF-based CMS; has anyone used that?

I've used FarCry on several dozen non-library sites. We liked it a lot
at first but the later versions have given us problems so that we've
started using Joomla on some new sites.

FarCry has evolved into more of an application platform, with the CMS
being one possible application and it seems to be more versatile than I
usually need--that is, it seems to be more of a tool for an
enterprise-level application developer than a humble web-developer. I
don't do the server-side stuff (instllation and upgrades) and my
collaborator who does that came to dislike FarCry.

Having said that, no CMS I have looked at does a better job of
separating logic from presentation or making module and template
constomization easier.

I'd be happy to answer detailed questions privately if you'd like.
--
Steve Clason
stevec at topdogstrategy.com
Boulder, Colorado, USA