[Web4lib] Exporting RSS Source from a Blog

The Ford Library at Fuqua fordlibweb at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:05:26 EDT 2008

Hello All,

We're attempting to migrate our java-based Blojsom blog to the more
user-friendly WordPress software. WordPress has built import wizards for
many popular blog platforms; but there isn't one for Blojsom which is
different from *bloxsom* which does have an import wizard. Blojsom does have
an export blog plugin; but the data is not in RSS 2.0 and would require more
Perl than I know to convert.

WP can import data in RSS 2.0, and I can grab the RSS source of some posts
by simply viewing/copying the source in my browser. But I need to migrate
more than the limited number of posts that can be extracted by viewing the
RSS source in the browser.

Does anyone know of a tool or hack to extract - export the entire contents,
or a large fixed number of posts from a blog as RSS 2.0? Google Reader and
some others will grab a large number of posts; but I can't view the RSS
source.

Thanks in advance for any tips or pointers.

--
Carlton Brown
Associate Director & IT Services Manager