[Web4lib] Weeding Reference Books Based on Free Online resources available?

Salomeh Pourmoghim salomeh.pourmoghim at fresnocitycollege.edu
Thu May 1 17:25:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have been given a very interesting project to work on. Our Reference
librarian wants me to review our reference collection and let him know
which ones' content can be found online for free. This will be the
beginning of a weeding project.

Has any of you done something like this? Do you have any suggestions as
to what is the best way to approach this project to get the best result?

His motivation is the article called, "A Time to Weed" by Laren
Lampasone published in Library Journal on May 1, 2008.

Thank you very much.

Salomeh Pourmoghim

Librarian

Fresno City College Library