[Web4lib] Drupal Hosting (was: Web4lib Digest, Vol 36, Issue 25)

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Wed Mar 26 21:37:31 EDT 2008

Siteground is great for hosting a demo site or even a public site for
a small organization. I use them to host our local neighborhood
association and a local church. If you go with them, I suggest that
you do your own Drupal install and don't use the automatic
(Fantastico) one that they supply.

Moving up the ladder, Bryght offers a configurable hosted service for
$20/mo. I haven't used it, but Bryght (now part of Raincity) is deeply
involved in the Drupal community, and they have a great reputation.

The next step up would be our (Cherry Hill) own LibrarySite hosted
Drupal services, which include training, configuration and library
specific support. We think that this is a great package, particularly
for libraries that have less than abundant available technical
resources.

The penultimate option is hosting on a Virtual Private Server. With
VPS, you get most of the benefits of your own server at a very
reasonable price. We offer VPS services with Drupal support and
maintenance, as does Bryght.

Finally, you can get a freestanding managed server. The main
advantages of this model over the VPS are physical security (usually
more a policy issue than practical one), and the possibility of almost
unlimited bandwidth (at an almost unlimited price). We are among the
thousands of companies offering this level of service.

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company
http://www.chillco.com

I'm riding my bicycle 545 miles from June 1-7, 2008 to end AIDS.
Find out how you can help at http://www.aidslifecycle.org/5312
Please come to our Big Bike Bake Bash party and fundraiser
April 13th - http://judyandcary.com