[Web4lib] Safari Web browser quark

allison.brueckner allison.brueckner at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 10:52:25 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

I have a client who is unable to view certain pages to a "test" portion of
their Web site.   My client is on a Mac and uses the Safari Web browser.  I
have tested this test site on my laptop (XP, Firefox), on my public
library's workstations (XP, IE7), and on various other remote locations to
test various IP points (tested in the UK and New Jersey).

I just downloaded the Safari Web browser onto my laptop and tested the site
- again, I can see it just fine.

I am hoping that someone "out there" might be able to help me solve this
strange encounter.  This is what my client gets when trying to access the
test portion of her site:

<-- start quote from client -->

   Safari can't open the page.

   Safari can't open the page

   "http://www.suntowelsusa.com/websitev1/products.html"

   because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection, which sometimes
occurs when the server is busy. You might be able to open the page later.

   This is the only website that I have tried that I get this error for.

<-- end quote from client -->

If there are any Mac / Safari users out there who would test the above link
and let me know what you get, that would be very much appreciated.

Any clues or guidance are most welcome.

Cheers,

--Allison.

Allison R. Brueckner, M.I.S.

Principal, cAliCo Information Consulting

www.calicoinfo.net

Technology Librarian, Dexter District Library

www.dexter.lib.mi.us

phone/fax:  734-426-4066

mobile:       734-834-4276

email:         allison.brueckner at comcast.net