[Web4lib] rss feeds on campus

Stacey Kimmel-Smith sek2 at Lehigh.EDU
Mon Mar 10 09:34:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

Our campus portal supports display of RSS feeds but thus far we have not
used this feature much -- only for some externally produced feeds. I've
recently been asked to investigate methods for creating and publishing
local RSS feeds that are very  user-friendly. Our intent is to set up
tools and a procedure that non-technical staff in the libraries and
other divisions around campus could use to publish fresh content. The
libraries are now using blogger to publish a few RSS feeds but we're
archiving everything and it doesn't seem like the right approach for
general use on campus.  Our web pages are a work in progress -- no
content management system in place that might simplify content creation.

Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Stacey Kimmel-Smith
Lehigh University
Information Commons/Help Desk Manager