[Web4lib] suggestion box/blog

Jon Gorman jonathan.gorman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 13:35:31 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:06 PM, McHale, Nina <nina.mchale at cudenver.edu> wrote:
> Hey, all,
>
>  I've beeen charged to create a "suggestion box/blog" by my admin folks.
>  Anybody doing anything cool along those lines? We already have a news
>  and events blog, and patrons often post comments to this. We also have a
>  somewhat rarely used (twice a month?) comments/feedback form.

A good start might be to start asking folks who give feedback in
person or on the phone if a) they were aware of said form and ask
their opinion.  Don't have to be annoying or nagging, but if someone
seems friendly enough and doesn't seem to be in a hurry you might ask
politely.

Systems like these can be useful in the case where a lot of people are
likley to make the same complaint and there are actions being taken to
resolve them.  There's also the element of time involved.  After all,
if the complaints don't change,  it makes more sense to address the
complaints or try to clarify what is causing confusion.

Not trying to dissuade you, but it's a half of a dozen of one and six
of another.  Some people will not want complaints/feedback posted,
even if it's anonymous.  And while blogs can be more user-friendly,
nothing is a guarantee, particularly if you don' t know why the old
form isn't being used.

Jon Gorman