[Web4lib] suggestion box/blog

Ranti Junus ranti.junus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:56:26 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:33 AM, Menk, Robert <bmenk at ll.mit.edu> wrote:
[...]
>  Using a blog dedicated to being a "Suggestion Box" gives users a place to comment on any aspect of our library, whereas just relying on comments on any given blog entry tends to tie the context to the subject matter of that entry .

I do like the idea of having a blog dedicated to being a suggestion
box.  One advantage that I can think of is to share the comments and
those comments and responses are published.

We did a similar thing in the atomic format: people wrote down
comments, we answered and then display the comments and answers on a
bulettin board for public to read.

However, the original poster also wrote:
>> We also have a  somewhat rarely used (twice a month?) comments/feedback form.

which indicates that a dedicated comments/feedback form is already available.

So, now I'm curious: if the already available dedicated
feedback/comment form is rarely used,  will moving it to a blog
encourage more users to write comments?

ranti.

--
Bulk mail.  Postage paid.