[Web4lib] visitor/guest card policy

Bracken, Karen KBRACKEN at riversideca.gov
Thu Jun 19 15:08:48 EDT 2008

I am in the process of rewriting the guest card policy for our public
library system and would be interested in reviewing guest card policies
from other library systems.  I am most interested in the one day use
cards primarily for computers and printing, but plan to address our fee
card policy as well.

What I am looking for are libraries that charge for a guest pass: How
much?  What are the criteria? Do you issue a guest pass to regular
library card holders if they want more computer time?  Do you issue a
guest pass to regular library card holders if their card is over the
fine limit? Etc.  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You can send these to me directly to me at

kbracken at riversideca.gov

Karen Bracken

Digital Systems Spec.

951-.826-.5214