[Web4lib] Buying a Domain

Ian Chan ichan at csusm.edu
Mon Jun 9 11:57:08 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've gone through Dreamhost for purchasing domain names and web hosting.
Domain names are consistently $9.95/year through Dreamhost.  I've used
some others but Dreamhost is the easiest to use and the price has stayed
the same over the last couple years.

I really like their one-click install/upgrade for Wordpress.  They are
consistently fast in grabbing the most recent release of Wordpress and
porting it into their package install/upgrade system.  Their customer
service is really good.  Recently, they've begun offering
domain-integrated Google Apps setup with their web hosting package.

Regards,

Ian Chan
Web Development Librarian
CSUSM