[Web4lib] CUIL doesn't seem very COOL - other search engines worth looking at?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Jul 30 16:01:05 EDT 2008

Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 11:29:28 AM, you wrote:

> I don't like either display - something in between would be nice -
> having kind of the list of google so that you scan the page easily, but
> the ordering and arrangement that cuil does.

Biggest problem with cuil as of today is the requirement to scroll to
see the top items.  That is based on the assumption that they are
columns of top items, rather than rows.  If they're supposed to be
rows, which would make sense as far as functional web usage goes,
there would be equal spacing so that it would appear as a table.

Having to scroll to bottom of first column, then to top of second,
etc, is completely dysfunctional.

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID