[Web4lib] CUIL doesn't seem very COOL

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 17:11:53 EDT 2008

I don't like the CUIL displays at all.

It's almost like CUIL's business model is: If we make our site look as little like Google as possible, people will think we're "cool". Here's another obvious example of the "not Google" approach. Google's homepage is mostly white space. CUIL's homepage is, you guessed it, mostly BLACK space. Maybe they're trying to be the anti-Google?

Someone called the Gogle display "primitive". I think Google's displays are effective. I agree 100% with Thomas Dowling on this one. Like Thomas said, there's a reason why Google looks like it does. It works for a lot of people (myself included).

Bernie Sloan
Sora Associates