[Web4lib] The Profession(s) And The 'Student As Scholar' Model

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Mon Jul 28 17:45:45 EDT 2008

The Profession(s) And The Student As Scholar Model

 Colleagues/

Question Of The Day

What Role(s) Should / Has A / The Profession Play(ed) In The Development / Implemention / Support of The 'Student As Scholar' Model?

While I am primary interested in the actual/potential role(s) of the Library and Library Professionals with respect to the The Model, I am also interested in the actual/potential role(s) that the respective groups associated with a profession (e.g. associations, organizations, societies, etc.) have/ might play(ed) in advancing the 'Student As Scholar' Model.

I am also interested in the actual/ potential role(s) of Journal and Monograph Publishers in supporting The Model.

Please Submit Any/All Reponses As A Discussion Item In The Student As Scholar Facebook Group

[ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27141416631 <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27141416631>  ].

And/Or As A Comment on The Blog Entry At

[ http://tinyurl.com/6d2qwr <http://tinyurl.com/6d2qwr>  ]

Thanks!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
Science and Technology Librarian
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu <mailto:gerrymck at iastate.edu>

 There is Nothing More Powerful Than  An Idea Whose Time Has Come
Victor Hugo
[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490 <http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490>   ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows ...
[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/ <http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/>  ]