[Web4lib] OCLC numbers of Google Books?

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Mon Jul 21 16:05:58 EDT 2008

Monday, July 21, 2008, 10:20:00 AM, you wrote:

> Not the first time I've potentially missed the obvious, but how would
> providing a list of the OCLC numbers for books contained in Google
> Book Search compromise Google's competitive edge as a search engine?

T'would seem that if you had to search for the books, that's adding
searches to their tally.  If you already have the OCLC numbers you can
link directly to them without having to search for them, thus
decreasing the number of searches they handle.

I'll admit that in the big picture this would probably be an
incredibly small percentage of their searches, but....

dan

--
The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID