[Web4lib] Networking a Verizon laptop card

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Fri Jul 18 13:07:35 EDT 2008

Assuming that your terms of service allow this use, you need a router
of some sort. If you are using Windows, most flavors have an Internet
connection sharing option in the network control panel. In Vista, this
control panel is called the "Network and Sharing Center." This
essentially turns your laptop into a router.

There are also appliances that have a PCCard slot and act as a
wireless router. The Linksys WRT54G3G-VN WLS-G router is an example.
These are not expensive and does not require you to keep one machine
on location.

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company
http://www.chillco.com