[Web4lib] RE: Open source support models

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 22:54:05 EDT 2008

Just to pull things further off-topic...

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Tim Spalding <tim at librarything.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the correction on Evergreen.
>
> I wouldn't say I needed correcting on VuFind, though. Saying that
> VuFind isn't mostly PHP because there are chunks of shell scripting
> and HTML is like saying that a car isn't made out of steel and glass
> because it also has leather seats and pockets of air. Much the same is
> true of SQL and, depending on what you're doing with it, JavaScript.

Evergreen may be the SQL exception that proves the rule (and, in many
ways along with LTFL, for JS):

 http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/300.schema.staged_search.sql

(And, for my fellow JAPH, witness the PL/Perl stored proc at the
bottom of that file. ;)

--
Mike Rylander