[Web4lib] RE: Open source support models

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Sat Jul 12 22:26:31 EDT 2008

Thanks for the correction on Evergreen.

I wouldn't say I needed correcting on VuFind, though. Saying that
VuFind isn't mostly PHP because there are chunks of shell scripting
and HTML is like saying that a car isn't made out of steel and glass
because it also has leather seats and pockets of air. Much the same is
true of SQL and, depending on what you're doing with it, JavaScript.
And if you're going to count lines HTML against lines of code, you
should also factor in all the GIF and JPEG images, not to mention
Cascading Style Sheets. This way lies madness.

Tim

--
Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding