[Web4lib] Open Source software program speakers

Carol Bean beanworks at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:56:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

Please excuse cross-posting.

As the leader for the Technical Discussion
Group<http://www.seflin.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=discussionGroup.viewCommittee&committeeId=11>
at the Southeast Florida Library Information Network
(SEFLIN<http://seflin.org>),
I am looking for possible speakers and topic recommendations for a
conference/workshop our group would like to organize in south Florida for
SEFLIN.

Our very rough schedule, thus far, is to have a one day conference split
along two "tracks":

1/2 day (AM or PM): speakers/programs/workshops for desktop apps
1/2 day (the other half of the day): speakers/programs/workshops for
programming, server, or backend stuff
Keynote speakers addressing managers and administrators about open source.

The target audience will be library staff and administrators for the desktop
apps, and sysadmins, programmers, and administrators for systems and server
"stuff" (technical term for everything else).

Our target date for such a conference/workshop is sometime this fall or
winter (more likely winter, given the current state of planning).

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and wisdom from the group!

Thanks,

Carol Bean
Leader, SEFLIN Technical Discussion Group

Computer Center Manager
North County Regional Library
Palm Beach County Library System
11303 Campus Drive