[Web4lib] Harvesting U. Michigan OAI records for digitized books

Elizabeth Winter elizabeth.winter at library.gatech.edu
Thu Jul 10 12:51:29 EDT 2008

Georgia Tech is currently debating whether to harvest records from U. Michigan for the digitized books that they're making available (see Roy Tennant's blog post for more info.: http://www.libraryjournal.com/blog/1090000309/post/1330028733.html?nid=3565&no_cj_c=0).

The idea would be to include the records in our upcoming VuFind implementation so that users could access thousands of additional OA books.

We have opinions on both sides here....  Have others considered doing this?  What was the rationale for your decision either way?

Many thanks,
Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth L. Winter