[Web4lib] Google and Libraries

Bill Drew dreww at tc3.edu
Tue Jul 8 11:37:39 EDT 2008

I posted this on my blog this morning as part of a series of postings I
am writing about Google Librarian Central and its lack of updates since
June 2007.  You can the find the posts at http://tinyurl.com/6hyj6h .  I
have written two so far.  I was a strong supporter and a frequent user
of Google Librarian Central and was actually going to submit an article
to the newsletter.  I am very disappointed in what has happened or not
happened.

I am asking and challenging the Google Book Search Library Partners to
ask their contacts at Google about the status of Google Librarian
Central. It appears to be next to impossible to get Google to respond on
this topic by going through normal channels such as using the Google
response forms. I am going to compile a list of contacts for the Google
Book Search Library Partners and send them all and e-mail requesting
their assistance in this matter. Google and its partner libraries have a
clear obligation to the rest of us.

Bill Drew

Wilfred (Bill) Drew, M.S., B.S., A.S.
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
Online Identity: http://claimID.com/billdrew
StrengthsQuest: Ideation, Input, Learner, Activator, Communication
http://www.facebook.com/people/Bill_Drew/