[Web4lib] Future of libraries

Chris Strauber cstrauber at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 00:54:41 EDT 2008

As I recall the solution in Groundhog Day was to embrace the possibilities
of whatever present you currently have access to. Would that the present I
walk into on Monday were so predictable.

To pick up Joyce's point on objectives, I think my job is to provide
information for my patrons and to help them use it (as it always has been),
but I expect to be talking about what to provide and how to provide it for
my entire career--say, the next thirty years.

The conversation about change in libraries may be old, but the details of
what's possible today have changed significantly in the last decade...and
will change some more tomorrow and every day after that.

Chris Strauber
Reference and Web Services Librarian
Wofford College