[Web4lib] Extended Validation and WebTV

Robert Sullivan robert.g.sullivan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:15:05 EDT 2008

> We recently upgraded our SSL certificate to VeriSign's Secure Site Pro
> with Extended Validation. I've had several calls from WebTV customers
> who get an error message along the lines of not being able to establish
> an encrypted connection. I called WebTV and the rep didn't even
> recognize the name "VeriSign", but suggested powering down, powering up,
> clearing cookies, and restarting. Does anyone have additional
> information I can pass along to patrons?

I don't know if this is helpful, but there is a WebTV emulator which
might let you see what they're seeing.  I only use it for site
testing, so I don't know how it will handle your problem.

The old WebTV developer site is gone, but several versions of the
emulator are available at:

<http://media.zefie.com/Apps%20&%20Archives/WebTV%20Viewer/>

--
Bob Sullivan