[Web4lib] Extended Validation and WebTV

Sarah Smith ssmith at saclibrary.org
Wed Jul 2 13:04:02 EDT 2008

We recently upgraded our SSL certificate to VeriSign's Secure Site Pro
with Extended Validation. I've had several calls from WebTV customers
who get an error message along the lines of not being able to establish
an encrypted connection. I called WebTV and the rep didn't even
recognize the name "VeriSign", but suggested powering down, powering up,
clearing cookies, and restarting. Does anyone have additional
information I can pass along to patrons?

Thanks,

Sarah Smith
Systems Supervisor, ssmith at saclibrary.org
Sacramento Public Library
828 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone (916) 264-2892; Fax (916) 264-2959