[Web4lib] At Session on the Future of Libraries, a Sense of Urgency

SIMINITUS, JACQUELYN E (ATTPB) js8295 at att.com
Wed Jul 2 09:56:07 EDT 2008

Andrea,
Well said.  I like your point on the "best of both" old and new.  Is
your library using this message in their community outreach?  Public
outcry over the gas crunch/crisis is a good time to publicize the local
public library in this way.

Add in the public health concerns about how Americans need to live
healthier -- eat better and exercise more.  Local libraries are a great
"destination" to walk to -- mine is a 1/2 hour walk, a 10 minute bike
ride, or a 5 minute drive.  Why drive?

Bad economic and health problems could be turned into a solution.  Maybe
ALA will create a press release or more on this.

Morgantown is a lovely village, nestled in Pennsylvania farm land -- its
on the way to family in Shillington and Adamstown!
Best wishes.

Jackie Siminitus, MLS
AT&T Library Advocate
795 Folsom Street, Room 400, San Francisco, CA 94107
415-644-7112 : jacquelyn.siminitus at att.com
AT&T Knowledge Network Explorer, www.kn.att.com
Blue Web'n Library, www.kn.att.com/wired/bluewebn/
http://2CoolTools.blogspot.com; http://Advocate4Libraries.blogspot.com