[Web4lib] Acrobat Reader Issues

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Wed Jan 30 14:52:50 EST 2008

The other question, and probably more important, is what BROWSER are
you using?  With IE7 and Acrobat 8.1.1 it does open the pdf in a new tab,
but I can just click back to the other tab that has the page linked
from.  Also, can't the creator of the pdf force it to open in new
tab/window, or not?  (I'm not one who creates pdfs so could be off
base here)

dan

> We are on version 7 and getting ready to install version 8.

> We miss the ability of prior versions (through version 6) which would
> open PDFs either from within the browser or in a separate window. We've
> been very frustrated since moving to version 7. And version 8 appears to
> have the same issues.

> Donna

> Donna Schumann
> Timberland Regional Library
> 415 Tumwater Blvd.
> Tumwater, WA 98506
> 360-704-4542
> dschumann at trlib.org

The road goes on forever and the party never ends. REK, Jr.
Dan Lester, Boise, ID