[Web4lib] lo-jacks for laptops

Richard James richardjam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:36:44 EST 2008

Does anyone have any experience with security solutions for circulating
laptops within their libraries, especially public libraries? We are
examining the possibility of making some space and efficiency savings by
circulating laptops to adult patrons for in-library use, but there is a very
reasonable concern over how to stop patrons from leaving with the laptop. Is
there a subscription service for lo-jacking laptops? Or should we depend on
a purely administrative solution, like holding drivers licenses?

Richard James
Delaware Division of Libraries