[Web4lib] Library presence on social networking websites

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 16:13:16 EST 2008

I think it has less to do with age and more to do with youth refusing
to regulate their online presence. They are not concerned what that
picture of them being drunk or stoned could mean to their future.
Rather, than be more careful, they are willing to take what they feel
is the simpler route of hiding from adults.

The problem is myspace, facebook, and these other social networks were
never started as youth environments as some think. Youth are heavy
users, but not the originals.

Brian Gray
mindspiral at gmail.com