[Web4lib] speech recognition software usable with web coding

Sharon Clapp sclapp at cslib.org
Fri Jan 11 18:58:47 EST 2008

hi all,
I'm looking for information about speech recognition software and whether or not it can be used to code html, css, xml, javascript, asp, that type of thing (whether used in conjunction with notepad, notetab, dreamweaver, or even the MS frontpage/web expression designer/visual studio - any or all of these is acceptable). I broke my dominant wrist very badly just before the holidays, making it very slow & difficult for me to type, and I am anxious to get back to work. I don't want to pay for Nuance's Dragon Naturally Speaking if it can't help me with web coding. I've tried out the Microsoft Speech Recognition module in Word and it's only been marginally useful & didn't have luck with it with FrontPage.

Any ideas / experiences you all can share would be of help. thank you very much,

Sharon Clapp
Web Resources Librarian
Connecticut State Library
860-424-3617