[Web4lib] Intranet revamp

Robin Hastings robin.hastings at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:50:09 EST 2008

We use a private, password & IP address controlled Intranet still
because we do make available things like unlisted staff phone numbers
(we live in a "snow-day" state where the library closes at least once
a year due to weather - gotta have that phone number information handy
to let people know to stay home) and "problem patron" information -
complete with library card numbers sometimes.  We have a couple of
staff members who are pretty serious about keeping their numbers
unlisted and unknown to the general public. I'm not sure they would be
comfortable with that information in anything from Google. I'm not
sure our director would be interested in us posting patron information
in anything remotely hosted, either...