[Web4lib] Online Calendars

Andrew Darby darby.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:38:41 EST 2008

I'll second (or third, or fourth) the idea of Google Calendar.  We use
it to power our library hours (harvesting the data using the api, and
then storing it in a MySQL database), but it should work well for
event listings.  As people have noted, you could either hand the look
and feel over to Google, or use your favourite scripting language +
the api and integrate it more seamlessly into your site.  Your
Calendar data is available as an Atom feed, which gives you lots of
options for how to use it.

Andrew