[Web4lib] Demise of IT?

jimm wetherbee jimm at wingate.edu
Thu Jan 10 16:36:05 EST 2008

Dan Lester wrote:
> jimm wrote:
>> Even if all IT appliances are a simple to use as a toaster, a campus would no more rid itself of IT (at some level) than it would of electricians.
>>

> I'm not so sure of that.  A branch campus of Boise State is splitting off to be a Community College.  The CTO currently has bid documents out to contract out all IT services.
Like contracted lawn care.  Hadn't quite thought of that.  Was looking
exclusively at off-site support.

--jimm

Jimm Wetherbee                 | jimm at wingate.edu
Information Systems Librarian  | Voice: 704-233-8092
E.K. Smith Library             | Fax:   704-233-8254
Wingate University             | http://library.wingate.edu/staff/jmw/
Wingate, NC 28174              | lux et fides