[Web4lib] How do I create a semantic web site?

jfitzgibbon at galwaylibrary.ie jfitzgibbon at galwaylibrary.ie
Wed Jan 9 11:35:54 EST 2008

Hi,

How do I create a semantic web site?

I know I have to use either RDF or OWL but do I use either of these to
create a mark up language which I then use to create the web site or, with
the semantic web do we move away from mark up languages altogether?

Am I right in thinking that OWL and RDF do not contain any information on
how the document is to be displayed or presented? They do not seem to
allow for style sheets.

Is the creation of a semantic web site completely different from anything
that has gone before and I am stuck in an old way of looking at the
problem? Are mark up languages a thing of the past as far as the Web is
concerned?

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

Regards
John

John Fitzgibbon

p: 00 353 91 562471