[Web4lib] Tables to accomodate laptop users

Salomeh Pourmoghim salomeh.pourmoghim at fresnocitycollege.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:50:38 EST 2008

A large number of our students use their laptops while in the library
and therefore plug them into our outlets which makes the library
visually unappealing and creates safety hazards at the same time.  My
question is: are there any special type of tables/furniture with built
in outlets for laptop users in a library?

I remember reading an article a while ago about Google conference room
their nifty tables with plugs to accommodate laptop users. Has anyone
seen those tables or have information on them?

Please share with me any ideas you have or any projects you have
implemented to create a workstation for those who want to use their
laptops and plug them in at same time.

Thank you very much.

Salomeh Pourmoghim

Fresno City College Library