[Web4lib] Conference Suggestions?

Cary Gordon listuser at chillco.com
Sun Feb 24 11:54:30 EST 2008

That is a tough call, and really depends on your specific focus. If
you are a programmer or information designer, Code4lib (starts
tomorrow in Portland) and Access are great, as well as being library
specific. For general development, some folks swear by the SDWest
(Software Development Conference & Expo) being held in San Jose, next
week.

Beyond that, there are conferences built around operating systems,
programming languages, information theory, standards, and
applications, just to name a few. If you could figure out how to
monetize it, or are independently wealthy, you could easily go to
conferences year-round. Personally, I am going to the semi-annual
Drupal conference in Boston, next week.

Good luck!

Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company