[Web4lib] Wiki, Great Idea

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sat Feb 23 12:55:45 EST 2008

> Thanks K.G. You didn't add whether you've updated the entries in those two
> wikis so they at least reference RFID interoperability and standards.
> Another subscriber told me of a third site, which includes a wiki, called
> libsite.org, http://libsite.org, a site specifically built for users to
> submit, discuss, and rate library Web sites" created by
> http://chicagolibrarian.com/ (Leo Robert Klein).

No, I very definitely did not update these wikis. They both need an
extensive rewrite; to accomplish that this morning, assuming a morning's
effort would be enough, I would have had to cancel my haircut, my
obligations to my local writers' group, my grocery shopping, and a church
function. As far as rational behavior goes, I'm better off working updates
into the RFID entry on Wikipedia (an interesting entry). If I could be
convinced that there would be ONE library wiki and that there was some
guiding principle for it, then I might make a pitch for doing it on company
time, as part of standards work.

Karen G. Schneider