[Web4lib] Which databases can Google Scholar crawl? - and does it really do full keyword searching?

Frances, Melodie mfrances at gtu.edu
Tue Feb 19 13:55:04 EST 2008

Related question I've been meaning to ask on this list - I've done some
stuff with custom search engines where I can have a very definitive pool
of websites to be searched, and it looks like google does NOT do a full
keyword search on the web sites - that is, I found words in the web
sites that I had, did a google search on those words, expecting to get a
hit, and did not. Does anyone know more about this? I need to look into
it more but was rather shocked as I had always just assumed that in
addition to whatever else it does, it did do full keyword searching.

thanks

Melodie Morgan Frances
Head of Cataloging
Graduate Theological Union