[Web4lib] Files on PUBLIB -- mea culpa

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Feb 18 08:45:46 EST 2008

This is COMPLETELY my fault (Karen / PUBLIB here). I was approving stuff
stuck in our queue and was irked with myself when I saw I had approved a
Word attachment, which is like coughing into a salad and bringing it to
a potluck. (In my defense, I knew the post was "too large" but couldn't
tell why until I had posted it... but it was suspiciously huge, which is
usually enough to warrant the kibosh from us.)

This list would have worked far better as a post or as a link to a Wiki
or blog post or website page... more useful and accessible (and far less
virus-prone).

Finally (posting as Karen/Karen), I appreciate the effort into this list
but I did notice that very little of the conclusions were user-centric
or evidence-driven. I didn't see "stats went up" or "users liked it" or
"it improved findability by x percent." I do "get" the difference
between ugly and pretty, which is hard to quantify, but I still felt
skeptical about the list as a whole.

Karen G. Schneider