[Web4lib] Wikipedia and the New Curriculum

B.G. Sloan bgsloan2 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 12:02:17 EST 2008

    "It is irresponsible for educational institutions not to teach new knowledge technologies such as Wikipedia...we do a fundamental disservice to our students if we continue to propagate old methods of knowledge creation and archivization without also teaching them how these structures are changing, and, more importantly, how they will relate to knowledge creation and dissemination in a fundamentally different way."

  Parry, David. Wikipedia and the New Curriculum: Digital Literacy Is Knowing How We Store What We Know. Science Progress. February 2008.
  http://www.scienceprogress.org/2008/02/wikipedia-and-the-new-curriculum/

  Bernie Sloan