[Web4lib] Re: Google Search Appliance and OPACs

Ms Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at usfca.edu
Tue Feb 12 19:18:13 EST 2008

Thanks, Sebastian!
I tried your suggestion and searched for
"sun also rises" worldcat

Just as you said, the first three hits are for WorldCat records that
link to the holdings at my local libraries.

Also, most of the other hits on the first page were to potentially
useful sources like Wikipedia, LibraryThing, and the IPL Literary
Criticism Collection. Much better than a whole screen of bookstore
item records!

yes, I think you are right--WorldCat needs to put some cool videos on
YouTube and increase their page rank. Jean

Jean Hewlett
Regional Librarian
North Bay Campus
University of San Francisco