[Web4lib] Re: Google Search Appliance and OPACs

Ms Norma Jean Hewlett hewlett at usfca.edu
Sat Feb 9 15:15:21 EST 2008

Hi, Tim & Karen and everyone
I absolutely hate searching Google and getting a whole screen full of
links to book records from other libraries, none of which are close to
my home or of any use to me.

I agree with Roy--gee, isn't it a shame that there is no central
database we could all place our holdings into? Isn't it a shame that
there is no way a patron can easily use this central database to find
out whether their local library has this book? Oh, wow, maybe there
is!

And I don't work for OCLC :-)

Jean Hewlett
Regional Librarian, USF North Bay Campus

All opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer.