[Web4lib] Re: Google Search Appliance and OPACs

Tim Spalding tim at librarything.com
Wed Feb 6 21:27:56 EST 2008

Has anyone tried just making a HUGE page of links and putting it
somewhere Google will find it? Almost all OPACs allow direct links to
records, by ISBN or something else. On a *few*—I've seen it on
HiP—spidering this way causes serious sessions issues. (LibraryThing
made this mistake once.) But it might be a way to get data into
Google.

Tim

On 2/6/08, Peter Murray <peter at ohiolink.edu> wrote:

Check out my library at http://www.librarything.com/profile/timspalding