[Web4lib] Google Analytics

Michelle Frisque mfrisque at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 6 17:13:46 EST 2008

I was looking back at past messages and there have been several
discussions about Google Analytics. We have been playing around with
it and really like it. There has been some concern by staff that
Google would have all of this information about how our patrons use
our site. If you have decided to use Google Analytics at your library
did you have concerns about storing this data with Google? How did
you convince your staff to do it? Has anyone not used Google
Analytics because of this issue?

Thanks, Michelle

Michelle Frisque
Head, Information Systems