[Web4lib] Data Overlays / Data Visualization / ILS

Michael drweb at san.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 16:02:45 EST 2008

As a check against my mini-research efforts, I'd like to ask for input about
what are the available and services known to this group in the family known
loosely as "data overlays" or "data visualization" - for Library ILSs. The
one caveat would be if you know if this is available hosted (SaaS) or
standalone (inhouse) or both, please indicate in your post or note.

Perhaps there's even a better name for this "lipstick on a pig" :) variation
on our ILS theme.

Services/products I've identified broadly that could be defined in this
spectrum:

 a. Aquabrowser (Bowker TLC)
 b. Endeca (ProFind)
 c. Inxight (StarTree)
 d. Vivisimo
 e. EPS/Rooms
 f. WorldCat Local

You can post to me privately, or here, and if there's interest, I'll compile
a list for Web4Lib posting after.

Best,
Michael
--