[Web4lib] Web technologies and public access

Richard Wiggins richard.wiggins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 13:58:37 EST 2008

There are some folks out there who sit in their armchairs and surf the Web
looking for some minor usability or accessibility infraction.  Someone with
no affiliation to your site will write in and tell you that the site doesn't
look good under Netscape 4.3 or Opera under Linux.

I believe you should code to standards, and then tweak to popular browsers
and platforms.  But you can't be all things to all people, and some people
who complain are not really your customers.  They have a different agenda
and they have a lot of time on their hands.

/rich