[Web4lib] RE: Printer questions

Allison Zhang zhang at wrlc.org
Thu Dec 11 14:24:53 EST 2008

It is true that the printers use all colors to make black print if you did not select printing in grayscale. An article on the HP site suggests "color ink is generally more expensive than black ink, so it’s best to use it when you really need it. Save color ink by switching to grayscale printing when you don’t need bright hues. Here’s how:
Go to File > Print and click Properties.
Choose the Color tab and check “Print in grayscale.”
Click OK, and you’re all set.

The title of the article is "Easy ways to save money on printing". You can access it at http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/386209-0-0-225-121.html

Allison Zhang

Manager, Digital Collections Production Center
Washington research Library Consortium