[Web4lib] Re: Newbie question -- URL Redirection

Michael drweb at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 5 19:45:33 EST 2008

I agree with Tim. There are legtimate short-term reasons why we need
redirects in Internet/Web infrastructure bag o' tricks. However, a site with
a set *new* domain, in a reasonable period of time, should migrate the
content and remove the redirect. AFAIR, even the RFCs about redirection so
indicate. It was intended to be a helping hand from point A to point B, not
a lingering or permanent solution.

For what it's worth, happy holidays,
DrWeb aka Michael

--