[Web4lib] Germs and keyboards

Judy McBrian jbrian at boonvillelib.net
Wed Dec 3 19:13:33 EST 2008

Thank a bunch on the great input.
I did rather like the idea of a blowtorch, but my director said "no"
I think we'll go with the free hand sanitizer/whatever at the circ desk with
a polite suggestion that before and after using the pc might not be
a bad idea.  (particularly since we're in the middle of a rather nasty
Norwalk like
virus, which is much more fun than a cold.)
I do know what many of you say about overdoing it.  Being of a somewhat
advanced age I can remember when we had Sunday dinner at Grandma's
house, and
after dinner  she placed a clean table cloth over the leftovers,
presumably to keep out
the flies.  Then we usually had an light supper later. I can't remember
ever getting sick.

Thanks again
Judy McBrian
Boonville Warrick Public Library